Thursday, July 26, 2012

Where Do Dreams Go?

Remember how simple things were when you were a kid? I was reminded of that when I watched my preschool grandson for a couple of hours.

First, we got out the watercolors, brushes and paper. Little Man's painting was of Jesus in yellow gold with wings.  Around Jesus was a colorful rainbow. I told Little Man his painting was spectacular. He said, "I know."

We did a co-painting of a tree, a dog and a dog house. Little Man made an "S" on the dog house and asked me to write "Spanky". I remarked, "That is a great name for a dog." Little Man replied, "Yep."

Then we plunked on the piano despite the fact that my husband and the cable guy didn't appear appreciative. I taught Little Man an easy tune.  He learned quickly and played it over and over, up and down the keyboard. "You are talented," I told Little Man. "I'm going to win a piano trophy someday," he declared.

My hubby, Little Man and I put on our jackets for a walk. It was a sunny winter day. We played shadow tag on the sidewalk and collected pine cones from the grass. A race developed as we headed back to the house. Little Man was first to the porch.  I yelled, "You are a fast runner, Guy!"  Little Man smiled, "Yep, I know I am.


Why don't most of us keep our confidence and follow our dreams as we grow into adults?  Some say, "Reality sets in."  That's true.  Life does teach us humility... which is an important quality.  But should we give up our dreams?  One of my dreams is to become a visual artist. This blog is a record of my journey into the world of visual art. 







No comments: